Commitment to privacy and responsible use of information
Selwyn Snow Resort Pty Ltd owns and operates Selwyn Snow Resort.
Privacy of individuals is of utmost importance to us. This concerns information or opinions about guests, customers, visitors and contractors that we collect and record and which could be used to reasonably identify them.
We view your privacy as a serious matter. We strictly adhere to the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
We undertake to promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information.
Type of personal information we collect
The kind of information we collect depends on your relationship with us. Generally this may include:
- name, address, phone/fax/email and other contact details, age and date of birth and proof of identity information (eg drivers licence);
- an assessment of your skiing/snowboarding ability;
- your use of our products and services, and any special requirements or preferences you tell us about;
- details of ski-related accidents and other incidents; and
- sensitive information (with your consent) concerning health and religion, so that we may make any special arrangements that you require. Sensitive information is also usually collected when a person is injured and where necessary, is collected from third parties if the injured person is unable to provide it or give their consent. It is our policy that sensitive information will be used and disclosed only for the purposes for which it was provided, unless you agree otherwise or as allowed by law.
Why we collect personal information
Generally, we collect and use personal information to provide our products and services and carry on our business. Eg. to:
- book and sell group passes, ski/snowboarding school lessons, childrens programs and services, entry to events, ski and snowboard hire and ski and snowboard season passes;
- verify your identity for certain services we provide;
- investigate and report on ski-related and other accidents; and
- assist our internal administration and operations including accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development and testing, and staff training.
How we collect information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, such as when you request a product or service, in the course of providing you with that product or service, or when you have other dealings with us.
We may collect and update that information over the phone, by fax, by email, through our website, in person (when you visit us), when you write to us or if you participate in our marketing surveys and campaigns.
We may also collect personal information about you through third parties such as:
- a travel agent or travel wholesaler that you book through; and
- business partners with whom we have joint marketing arrangements. Wherever practicable we will provide you with the option of interacting with us anonymously.
How we store information
We store personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records located at secure premises. In so doing, we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to your personal information is restricted within Selwyn Snow Resort employees who have specific authorisation. Computer access is password protected and external access to data files is prevented via the use of a firewall.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
Because your privacy is important we will not sell, rent or trade your personal information without your consent.
However, to ensure a high level of service, we may disclose information about you to outside contractors to carry out specialised activities on our behalf. In particular, contractors may provide us with a range of administrative, information technology and other services.
To better protect your privacy, we impose strict requirements of security and confidentiality on all third parties as to how they handle your personal information. Outside contractors are not permitted to use information about you for any purpose except to perform the services we have asked them to provide.
We may also disclose your personal information to insurers, courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities or otherwise as agreed by you or to meet our legal obligations.
We may also disclose your personal information if we consider it necessary to prevent a threat to an individual’s life, health or safety.
We may use your personal information and disclose it to Selwyn Snow Resort related companies and to our other business partners, to give you information and offers about products and services offered by us or these companies which may interest you.
If you do not wish to receive promotional information from us or any of these companies, please contact us on the contact details below to update your preferences.
Internet and email
We have a separate Internet and Email Policy that applies to the use of our website and to the services offered on that site. This policy is displayed at that website.
Updating and accessing information
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, such as your address or phone number, we encourage you to contact us on (02) 6454 9000 to update your details so we can continue to provide you with our services.
Following a request, we will provide you with a copy of any personal information that we hold about you in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act. We may charge a fee for providing you with this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee in advance of providing the information.
The Privacy Officer
Selwyn Snow Resort Pty Ltd
PO Box 35, Jindabyne NSW 2627
You can also telephone us on (02) 6454 9000, or email [email protected].